Sunday, September 11, 2011

September . . . seriously?!

Ok folks, let's spend a few seconds of catch up. Let's see here. . . August 30th was my baby brother's 18th birthday and also the day I took the GRE. I did better than expected but alas not quite as well as I need to. I will be retaking the GRE (for full price of $160. . . YUCK!) sometime in December. The date is TBA. So far the month of September has flown by.

Last week I started another dance season at Rhythm n' Sole except this time I am on the advanced Hip hop team. We've only met once so far, but so far so good. The Blackfoot fair just finished yesterday and I worked 2 shifts at the Mary Kay booth and got some great leads and several orders.

Today is the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. On TV all they are showing is documentaries and interviews and everything to reflect that dark day in American History. I can't believe that after 10 years I can still remember exactly where I was when I found out. I had walked into the school moments after the first plane hit, I watched the second plane hit live on TV. Classrooms were filled with silence as people watched in shock, fear, loss and anger. I don't live in New York, I didn't lose anyone in the attacks. However my heart still goes out to those who did, to those who didn't know if they did and to the hero's that risked their lives to save strangers. God Bless America!

Until next time . . . keep it real!

No comments: