Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another tough run . . .

Here we go again. It's been 6 months since Grandma Mecham has passed away and I thought that we were finally going to be going toward the upside. I was wrong. On Sunday, September 18th my cousin Clint J. Mecham was killed in a car accident. I'm still in such a fog. My cousin Katie (Clint's sister) described it best: it's almost as if I'm on auto pilot. I have no feeling, I just exist. Clint was 23 . . . he had just turned 23. It's not fair all of the things that he will never have a chance to do. He had so much more to live for.

My biggest problem with loss is the fact that I analyze everything to much. My head is constantly looking for a reason. A why. A how. My head tells me that I will never understand Heavenly Father's plan for all of us, but my heart tells me that i'm not meant to. It's a constant battle between who I listen to.

Clint was such a great person and I am so grateful that he was chosen to be a part of my family. He had such a unique personality that made him so fun to be with. He was always so full of adventure. He loved to laugh and play. He was a great son, brother, cousin and friend. It's sad that he will never have a chance to live up to his potential but I am so glad that he is happy and healthy and with Grandma and Grandpa Mecham and his nieces and nephews up in the best place he could ever be. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that families are forever. This life is not the end and I will see all those I love again.

Clint: I love you so much and i'll always miss you. Thank you for influencing my life in a way that only you could. I don't know what kind of person I would be if I were not blessed to have you in my life. I know that when my time comes, you will be on the other side waiting for all of us. What a joy that day of reunion will be. In the mean time, take care of our family on the other side for us. Take care of yourself. I love you buddy!

Until next time . . . keep it real!

No comments: